Islamic Centre Edgware is now able to offer visits and tours of the Mosque & Islamic Centre to local schools. The visits will need to be booked in advance and is open to all primary school age groups. There are no associated costs for the visits.
The aims of the service
- Interaction between pupils and the Muslim community
- Creating a positive experience for the younger generations
- Assist schools with teaching aspects of the national curriculum
Features and facilities we can offer
- New modern purpose-built mosque
- Fully accessible for wheelchair users
- Small car park for school vehicles
- Explanations by Imams and specialists on topics relevant to syllabus age group
- Artefacts and displays associated with Islam
What we can offer
Themes that we can cover include the following:
- What are the Beliefs of a Muslim?
- The Five Pillars
- Our Place of Worship
- The Qur’an
- Islamic Festivals
- Ramadan and Fasting
- The Hajj Pilgrimage
All visits will include a tour of the Mosque and Centre and where necessary worksheets can be provided. Children will not be expected to participate in any rituals or eat any religious food although refreshments may be offered.
More details can be provided when enquiries are received.
Our Imams and staff may also be able to visit your school and cover basic topics with or without powerpoint presentations.
Please complete a contact form for more details.