*** Bookings are now closed ***
Ramadan is the month of the Qur’ân and what better time to start learning how to read it or brush up on your pronunciations and recitation.
These classes are based on courses developed by newmuslims.org.uk who help new Muslims learn how to read the Qur’an from the very basics and develop them so they can recite the words of the Noble Qur’ân.
For reference, we will be using the Uthmani Mas-haf based on the Qira’at of Hafs an Asim.
- Arabic Alphabet: pronunciation, character recognition, various forms
- Vowels: Fat-hah, Kasrah and Dammah
- Tanween: Fat-hatayn, Kasratayn, Dammatayn
- Joining: Sukoon, Shaddah and the Letters of Leen
- Long vowels: Elongating the vowels, Madd
- The Definite Article and Hamza tul Wasl
- Rules of Stopping
The courses are offered completely free, but require commitment to attend every session, as there are only 4 sessions during Ramadan. In between these sessions, personal study will be required.