Islamic Centre Edgware Security / Caretaker Job Description
Job Vacancy: Security / Caretaker
Islamic Centre Edgware is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person who would like to provide a key role in maintaining our Centre, to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for our worshippers and visitors.
The position requires a responsible and reliable individual with initiative, who is organised and flexible, with sound inter-personal and communication skills. Experience of working in a Security position would be an advantage. The Centre provides a very pleasant and professional working environment.
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
Role: Caretaker /Security Guard
Hours: 35 hours per week including:
Opening and Closing for Fajr; daily prayers as required and closing up after Esha
Jumu’ah preparation and clearance, 11.30am – 3:30pm (Fridays)
Position: Permanent after initial probation period.
- Proven experience as a caretaker or security guard preferably in a similar organisation
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English, oral and written
- Flexibility in working times in accordance with the daily prayers
- Opening & Closing the centre
- Security during other times
- Assisting General Secretary in day to day running
- Manage and oversee essential maintenance of property and equipment
- Maintain incident log database
- Recover and make available CCTV footage for review
- Preferably multilingual including Arabic
- Good DIY skills for minor repairs and improvements
Please apply by email with CV and any relevant information: email@example.com